Youth Ambassador Program
SUGO Youth Ambassadors are invited to participate in the program by administration because they have
proven to be positive, responsible, respectful students.
Through the Youth Ambassador Program, youth gain the confidence to be advocates in their schools and
communities. This includes grassroots advocacy through community mobilization and transformation, as
well as advocating throughout the city of Dallas. Students will leave the program feeling empowered to
create change in their community – no matter how big or small!
Youth Ambassadors will be expected to serve in leadership roles within their community. They may be
called upon often to represent the program at conferences, media events, and other types of engagements
throughout their term as a Youth Ambassador.
Members of the Youth Ambassador Program are hardworking and well-versed individuals who have
demonstrated their commitment by reaching out to peers, friends, and younger students. Youth
Ambassadors shall serve as role models for other students and agree to abstain from using drugs and
There are many benefits of being a SUGO Youth Ambassador
• Sharpen communication and public speaking skills
• Improve interpersonal and conversational skills
• Enhance confidence when speaking and interacting with many members of the SUGO community
• Develop networking skills through participation at exciting events
• Develop leadership to use in college and beyond
• Professional development
• Career entry skills
• College recommendation letter from SUGO
• Form relationships with community leaders, etc.